Looking for some resources to help your student continue learning during the summer? Here are 20 general education (K-12) websites to check out (listed in alphabetical order):
- ABC Mouse - Subscription-based digital education program for children ages 2–8.
- ABCYA – A variety of educational games for K-5.
- Accelerated Reader - Helps teachers track students’ independent practice and progress with reading.
- Author Read Alouds and Activities - A list of children’s book authors doing online read-alouds & activities.
- Calculation Nation - Web-based game for students from the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics.
- Code Academy: Take a quiz to tell them what you want to learn, and they'll direct you to the right lesson. Free and pro versions.
- Code.org: Learn computer science: Free coding courses at no cost. No account needed.
- Education.com - Summer fun activities, games, and printables.
- Khan Academy - Offers practice exercises, instructional videos and a personalized learning dashboard that empower learners to study at their own pace.
- Libby: An app for Apple and Android devices that gives access to local libraries' ebooks and audiobooks.
- Math Anywhere: Has how-to videos of math games for caregivers, and includes printables with a variety of open-ended math games.
- Mystery Science - Free, easy science for remote learning.
- National Geographic for Kids - Fun ways to explore the world with weird, wild, and wacky videos.
- Open Middle: Challenging math problems worth solving for every grade level. Includes hints and answers.
- PBS for Parents - Simple tips for summer math learning.
- Robert Kaplinsky Lessons: Fun and challenging math lessons for all grades.
- Scholastic Learn At Home: Day-by-day projects to keep students learning. Every day includes four separate learning experiences.
- Scratch: Create stories, games and animations to share with others around the world.
- Storyline Online - Children's literacy website providing free storytelling videos and resources for parents and teachers to foster a love of reading in children.
- Storytime from Space - Videos of astronauts reading books to the children of Earth.
Student Tech Services:
The HSD Tech Support team is available to assist your family during summer break with the following:
- App and connectivity issues
- Password reset (Google, Schoology, Smoothwall)
- iPad repairs on a case-by-case basis
For tech information and frequently asked questions, visit our Student Tech Info and FAQ page.
You can contact Tech Support at email@example.com (preferred) or 360-448-6402.
Note: If you contact Tech Support concerning any district curriculum services (IXL, iReady, etc.), your message will be forwarded to the appropriate staff member for further assistance.
Free breakfast and lunch service is available for all students through Tuesday, June 30. Meals may be picked up at Hockinson High School between 10 a.m. and Noon in the bus turnaround.
At-home meal delivery service is also available for those who are unable to pick up meals in person. Registration using this form is required. Meals will be delivered to the bus stop closest to your residence between 9:30 - 11 a.m. For delivery-related questions, contact Cascade Transport at 360-687-7137.
Visit our growing Community Resources page for a list of local organizations that offer no- or low-cost resources, such as health care and housing, to families in need.