Thank you to all who participated in our fall 2016 Communication Survey. The results—outlined below—have been reported to the School Board as well as to the District administration team, which includes building principals. Principals will work with the data and their leadership teams to find where communication can be improved. We will give this survey again in the spring to determine whether we are continuously improving.
Please contact Slade McSheehy, assistant superintendent, if you have questions.
HSD Communication Survey – Background and Summary of Results
Survey dates: Nov. 10-Nov. 19
Responses: 188 (some respondents replied for multiple schools)
Alignment of Survey to Strategic Plan Goal No. 3 – three levels to assess
- Student-level communication
- School-level communication
- District-level communication
Summary of results
Means of Communication
- Respondents’ preferred means of communication are:
- 1) email
2) text messaging
3) phone message
(Schoology and the school newsletter were a close fourth and fifth choice.)
- Most respondents are satisfied with our emails, phone messages and school newsletters.
- Respondents report the least satisfaction with the District website and building websites, but levels of dissatisfaction were under 20 percent.
- Respondents are more satisfied with communications from the Elementary and Middle schools regarding student academic progress than from the High School.
School Safety and Emergencies
- Respondents are more satisfied with the High School and Middle School’s communication regarding school safety and emergencies than the Elementary School.
In all three areas of communication (student level, school level and district level), the only area to fall below 75 percent level of satisfaction in any building is at HHES, where the level of satisfaction with communication about safety and emergencies is 70.94 percent.
Overall, 78.73 percent of respondents are satisfied with the communication in the Hockinson School District
- Share data with the administrative team at the Dec. 5 Admin Meeting.
- Plan for individual building and district-level improvements.